Positions open: 1
Hours per Week: Full-Time
Capstone Mining Corp.
Capstone Mining Corp. is a Canadian base metals mining company, focused on copper. We are committed to the responsible development of our assets and the environments in which we operate. Our three producing mines are the Pinto Valley copper mine located in Arizona, US, the Cozamin polymetallic mine in Zacatecas State, Mexico and the Minto copper mine in Yukon, Canada. In addition, Capstone has the large scale 70% owned copper-iron Santo Domingo development project in Region III, Chile, in partnership with Korea Resources Corporation as well as exploration properties in Chile. Capstone's strategy is to focus on the optimization of operations and assets in politically stable, mining-friendly regions, centred in the Americas. Our headquarters are in Vancouver, Canada and we are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX). Further information is available at www.capstonemining.com
Job Title: Mine Surveyor
Reporting to the Mine Engineer, the Mine Surveyor is responsible for organizing and conducting all survey work at the mine site, both surface and underground. The job entails both field acquisition of survey data and post-processing to deliver 3D surfaces, linework, and survey reports for the Mine Technical Department.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Set up and maintain survey control points underground;
· Provide line and grade to development crews;
· Perform daily surveys of development advance;
· Perform cavity monitoring system (CMS) scans of mined-out open stopes;
· Issue driving layouts for the use of underground crews;
· Prepare accurate monthly surveys and volume calculations of all mine workings; and,
· Use Vulcan to maintain an up-to-date repository of survey data.
· Perform daily surveys of pits, stockpiles, dumps, and other surface features using a combination of Trimble GPS and Maptek I-site laser scanner equipment;
· Stake out blast patterns and survey as-built blast hole collar locations;
· Stake out dig limits and ore boundaries;
· Provide grade stakes and limits for dumps and stockpiles; and,
· Prepare accurate monthly surveys and volume calculations of all mine workings;
· Ensure all survey work complies with the requirements of the Yukon Occupational Health & Safety Act;
· Promote company environmental, health, safety, and operational policies and procedures;
· Plot status maps, construction layouts and other working plans;
· Perform civil and monitoring surveys;
· Maintain valid driver's license;
· Promote team-building at all levels and a respectful cross-cultural work environment; and
· Perform other duties from time to time as assigned by the Supervisor.
· Awareness of and compliance to the Company's Performance Management Standards
· Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to, be aware of and sponsor the Company's safety and environmental rules and procedures. Ensure accountability of Company's Environmental, Health, Safety, Sustainability policies.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Standard First Aid certification
· 2 year diploma in Survey or Mine Technology
· Three years of experience in underground and/or open-pit environment, with experience in both being an asset
· Good working knowledge of MS Office suite of software
· Good working knowledge of Vulcan
· Maintain valid Driver's Licence
· Must be eligible to work in Canada
· Must be able to successfully complete Fit for Duty testing
Physical Demands: (Up to this % of Frequency)
Lift Lbs. 1-10 30 11-25 50 26-35 15 36-50 30 51+ 5
1. Stand 90 6. Bend/Stoop 15 11. Squat/Crouch 10
2. Walk 80 7. Grasp 60 12. Climb Stairs 5
3. Kneel 15 8. Sit 60 13. Climb Ladders 3
4. Crawl 5 9. Push 5 14. Pull 5
5. Lift 30 10. Carry 70 15. Finger Mvmt. 70
This position involves working at a remote mine site on a two week on/two week off rotation. Prolonged periods of time at a desk working at a computer may be required. There will be exposure to extreme temperatures in all seasons including working outdoors in snow, mud, ice and water conditions, walking to and from different locations on uneven ground, prolonged periods of standing and physically handling/lifting/moving heavy objects.
To apply by email, send your cover letter and resume in Word or .pdf format to email@example.com. Include your NAME and JOB TITLE in the subject line of your e-mail response. Priority consideration will be given to Selkirk First Nation citizens, Northern Tutchone citizens, Yukon First Nations and then residents of Yukon Territory.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Positions open: 1
Hours per Week: Full-Time