Cultural Education Coordinator
Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Government
Posted On: Jan 1, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 1, 2023
Hours: Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Wage: Level 7 Step 1 ($ 3,081.18 bi-weekly)
Availability: Full Time
Location: Dawson City, YT
Contact Name: Human Resources
Apply With: Cover Letter / Resume
By Email: email@example.com
Cultural Education Coordinator - Permanent
Closing Date 4:00pm (YST): Until Filled
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Post-Secondary Degree / Diploma / Certificate in a relevant field of study. An equivalent combination of education, training, skills and abilities will be considered.
- Previous experience working within traditional northern cultures and developing / delivering traditional cultural programming.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating, instructing and/or coordinating workshops, events, activities and programs within formal, informal and cross-cultural settings.
- Well developed understanding of the connection between cultural education, community wellness and success.
- Ability to research using community resources (including people), primary and secondary sources, and a variety of other learning sources.
- Ability to deliver educational programming in different settings and to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to serve as a role model, demonstrating healthy lifestyle, stability, maturity and integrity.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Sound knowledge of Athapaskan / Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in culture, values, beliefs, and practices.
- Experience developing learning plans and resources with culturally appropriate learning outcomes.
- Strong bush / survival skills and ability to work in remote camp settings.
- Excellent communication skills oral, written and listening.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector screening.
- Class 5 Driver’s License with clear driver abstract.
- Standard First Aid certification.
- Willingness to take Remote and/or Wilderness First Aid, ATV Safety, Possessions and Acquisition License, Boat Safety training, Class 4 license, as may be required.
- TH101 cultural awareness.
For more information, contact Human Resources
Phone: (867) 993-7100 – EX: 126 or 133 Fax: (867) 993-6553 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Government, P.O. Box 599, Dawson City, Yukon, Y0B 1G0
Physical Location: 1242 Front Street, Dawson City, Yukon
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.