Diesel/Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Posted On: Mar 17, 2023
Advertised Until: May 5, 2023
Wage: Dependent on experience
Availability: Full Time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Contact Name: Jas Badesha
Apply With: Resume
Who is ATCO Frontec?
ATCO Frontec is a market leader providing facilities management, camp services, workforce lodging solutions, operational support services and disaster and emergency management for a diverse range of clients. We are a service-based organization made up of great people who work hard to get the job done and deliver excellence in the communities where we work and live.
ATCO Frontec is seeking a Diesel/Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our Northwestel project team in Whitehorse, YT. The Diesel/Heavy Equipment Mechanic is responsible for providing scheduled preventive maintenance on diesel generators for the Northwest Telecommunications system.
Where We Work and Live:
This role is based in Whitehorse, YT and has a Monday to Friday schedule with possible on-call work.
- Provide scheduled preventive maintenance on diesel generators
- Unscheduled repairs and emergency response to correct diesel generator failures
- Periodic installations of generators and related equipment
- Trouble shooting and repairing mechanical and electronic engine controllers
- Repair a variety of equipment associated with remote diesel power generation
- The successful candidate has 5-7 years experience as a Diesel Mechanic, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, and/or Electrician
- Consideration will be given to 1st or 2nd year apprentices and non-ticketed applicants
- Red Seal certification is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- High commitment to follow safe work practices in accordance with health and safety legislation as well as Company policy
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Able to travel by truck and helicopter to remote sites in northern British Columbia on a regular basis
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
This position has been identified as safety sensitive and will require completion of a pre-employment alcohol & drug test, fit to work medical test, and criminal record check.
Collection, use, and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.