Environmental Technician, Mining
Taku River Tlingit First Nation
Posted On: Jan 1, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 1, 2023
Hours: 72hr pay period
Wage: $54,000 - $60,000, depending on experience, knowledge, and suitability
Availability: Full Time
Location: Atlin, BC
Contact Name: Taku River Tlingit First Nation
Apply With: Cover Letter
By Email: email@example.com
POSITION: Environmental Technician, Mining
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementing the Wóoshtin wudidaa - Atlin Taku Land Use Plan and the Wóoshtin Yan too.aat - Land and Resource Management, Shared Decision-Making Agreement (G2G Agreement), TRTFN Mining Policy, and other agreements, future and current.
- Provide appropriate and timely advice and exercise judgement in analysing information and making recommendations.
- Working collaboratively with mining proponents to build stable long-term relationships that reinforce responsible use of the land.
- Acquire detailed knowledge of relevant files, agreements, treaties, legislation, policy, and procedures and utilize this knowledge in delivery of services.
- Identify, analyse, address, and resolve issues in potentially adversarial situations.
- Performing community engagement for TRTFN Lands and Resources Department.
- Participate in the development and implementation of departmental and team goals and workplans.
- Professionally represent TRTFN to TRTFN Citizens, Atlin community, BC/Yukon Government and clients.
- Efficiently manage time to complete and implement tasks and TRTFN mandate initiatives.
- Cooperate with management and staff to ensure work and departmental priorities are met in a respectful and coordinated manner.
- Other duties as directed and required.
- Successful completion of a four-year university degree in a relevant program such as environmental studies; mining; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Skill sets: verbal and written communication; technical report writing, agreement writing, risk assessment, policy assessment and implementation. Computer skills: MS Office; organization and project management.
- Knowledge and experience in mining and resource management.
- Knowledge and experience with GIS software and spatial databases.
- Strong asset but not required: Working experience with First Nations; regulatory bodies; government; resource or mining development.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Criminal Record Check
- Willingness to travel
- Included after 3 months of probationary period.
- Benefits include extended medical, eyewear, dental coverage as well as an RRSP matching plan.