Executive Assistant to the Spokesperson
Taku River Tlingit First Nation
Posted On: Jan 1, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 1, 2023
Hours: 72hr pay period
Wage: $25-$35 hourly
Availability: Full Time
Location: Atlin, BC
Contact Name: Taku River Tlingit First Nation
Apply With: Resume
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSITION: Executive Assistant to the Spokesperson
- Provides comprehensive and confidential administrative support to the Spokesperson.
- Oversees the arrangement and scheduling of the Spokesperson’s calendar.
- Coordination and planning of all internal and external meetings for Spokesperson
- Prepares all meeting agendas, supporting documents, and records meeting minutes and subsequent decisions for any meetings involving the Spokesperson such as the Joint Clan, CDC, Community and Manager’s meetings, etc.
- Books all travel for Spokesperson aligned with organizational policies.
- Post-travel reconciliation of expenses with receipts and submits to Finance for processing and reimbursement.
- Design, prepare, edit, and format internal and external communication, including newsletters, memos, emails, presentations, etc.
- Conducts data analysis and prepares weekly and monthly reports as directed.
- Setup remote calls/virtual meetings through audio-visual tools such as Zoom and TRTFN’s teleconferencing system.
- Answers inquiries from members and the public, providing appropriate information and forwarding to the applicable department.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an office administrator position in a First Nations environment
- Experience and knowledge of First Nation culture and working with First Nations and citizens is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
- The capability to foster and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Proven experience in project management, with the ability to complete assignments on time, high standard, and within budget.
- Able to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision as well as working within a collaborative team framework.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy preparing and editing letters, notices, minutes, reports, etc.
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Work is performed primarily indoors in an office environment.
- Flexibility to work evenings to attend Council and Community Meetings
- Occasional travel is required to attend meetings or training.
- Included after 3 months of probationary period.
- Benefits include extended medical, eyewear, dental coverage as well as an RRSP matching plan.