Teslin Tlingit Council
Posted On: May 18, 2023
Advertised Until: May 29, 2023
Wage: To be discussed
Availability: Full Time
Location: Teslin, YT
Contact Name: Workforce Development Teslin Tlingit Council
Apply With: Cover Letter / Resume
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Fax: (867) 390-2176
Teslin Tlingit Council is inviting covering letters & resumes for Finance Supervisor
This is a permanent full-time position
Reporting to the Director Finance, this position is responsible for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of financial information for the Teslin Tlingit Council and for the quality and timeliness of financial reports and assistance provided in the development of accounting standards, policies and procedures. This position involves the supervision and development of accounting staff responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, banking and investments and finance support.
- Supervises and checks work of Finance staff;
- Monitors and provides guidance to the Payroll Officer;
- Provides oversight to the Investments and Banking Officer;
- Provides guidance and mentorship to the TTC AR/Collection Officer;
- Monitors the financial operations with the Temporary Financial Assistance;
- Supervises the Finance staff providing accounting and administrative duties for the Teslin Tlingit Housing Society.
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 supplemented with three (3) years course work towards Accounting Designation, or the equivalent in training & experience;
- Coursework or relevant experience using various applicable software programs such as ACCPAC, specifically: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger modules, Dayforce HCM, Aboriginal Information systems, F9 and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point);
- Knowledge of and experience in reconciling accounts/statements
- Excel spreadsheet manipulation and production for various analytical data and other purposes
- Experience in preparing journal entries.
Conditions of Employment:
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Oath of confidentiality
- Code of conduct
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends during peak or critical work periods such as but not limited to year-end and audit;
- willingness to complete a criminal records check
- Finance Department positions are identified as an essential service of the TTC. As per section 8.11 of the personnel policy, when there is an office closure, the incumbents in the Finance positions may be required to work on these days as the work load requires.
For a detailed job description, please call Michelle Fox @ 867.390.2532 Ext 317
Please quote the job title in the subject line of your email, fax and/or cover letter:
Teslin Tlingit Council
Teslin, Yukon Y0A 1B0
Closing Date: Monday, May 29, 2023
**no later than 4:00pm
TTC’s Hiring Policy will be in effect.