Hän Language Administrator
Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Government
Posted On: Jan 1, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 1, 2023
Hours: Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Wage: Level 7 Step 1 ($3,081.18 bi-weekly)
Availability: Full Time
Location: Dawson City, YT
Contact Name: Human Resources
Apply With: Cover Letter / Resume
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post Secondary training in Education, Linguistics, or combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in developing and teaching Language related programming.
- Knowledge of Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in history, culture and language.
- Good computer skills including image formatting software, audio/visual editing software, scanning equipment, database software, word processing, Zoom platform, and Moodle learning platform.
- Good experience with audio and visual recording equipment.
- Experience in conducting language research and writing proposals.
- Strong familiarity with a First Nation language, preferably the Hän language.
- Experience in writing reports and briefing notes.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Good records management skills.
- Experience working with Elders.
Conditions of Employment:
- Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in personnel. Failure to meet this requirement could result in dismissal.
- Willingness to travel and upgrade skills by participating in identified training sessions as needed.
- Vulnerable Criminal Records check.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
For more information, contact Human Resources or visit our website at: Trondek.ca
Phone: (867) 993-7100 Send inquiries and resumes to: email@example.com
Mail: Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Government, P.O. Box 599, Dawson City, Yukon, Y0B 1G0
Physical Location: 1242 Front Street, Dawson City, Yukon