Health Programs & Services Manager
Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Government
Posted On: Jan 12, 2023
Advertised Until: Jan 26, 2023
Hours: Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Wage: Level 9 Step 1 ($98,099.07 annually)
Availability: Full Time
Location: Dawson City, YT
Contact Name: Human Resources
Apply With: Cover Letter / Resume
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC WITH PREFERENCE TO TH CITIZENS
Competition #: 004-01-2023
Health Programs & Services Manager – Term
Location: Tr’ondek Hwech’in Offices – Dawson, YT
Posting Date: January 12, 2023
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: One (1) Year from start date (with possible extension)
Salary: Level 9 Step 1 ($98,099.07 annually)
Closing Date 4:00pm (YST): January 26, 2023
Reporting to the Director of Wellness, the Health Programs & Services Manager is responsible for managing the development and delivery of the Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in (TH) Health, Community Care, Medical Travel and Elder’s services; supervising and evaluating the activities of the departmental staff, coordinating client case management and creating and providing program opportunities to the community. This position will also liaise, coordinate and support programming and network with other government and nongovernmental agencies, acting as a TH representative in various capacities such as consultations, advisory committees, working groups or negotiations regarding health service and programming issues. This position will be responsible for coordinating various health and wellness services and programs happening within Dawson City through membership with the interagency team.
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition – the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term, or auxiliary on-call vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Post-secondary degree a health care, nursing, counselling, or a related field of study combined with a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing community-based wellness and health programs. An equivalent combination of education, knowledge, skills and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, manage, evaluate and report on holistic programs / services delivery.
- Experience with financial management, including budgets, resource management, proposal and grant writing.
- Demonstrated experience managing, supervising, coaching and performance managing staff members.
- Experience in proposal and grant writing along with reporting and securing ongoing funds for multiyear projects.
- Proven knowledge of outside resources available for planning and referral purposes.
- Experience in conflict resolution, mediation, negotiations and problem solving.
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office Suite including, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and ability to moderate videoconference / Zoom meetings.
- Previous experience working in a First Nation Government administrative setting and/or working directly with First Nations to deliver social programs and services (an asset).
- Ability to regularly meet deadlines and effectively manage heavy workload within established priorities.
- Ability to develop / interpret, and promote adherence to policies, processes and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team to foster participation, collaboration, engagement and mutual respect.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Class 5 Driver’s License and clear driver’s abstract and willingness to acquire Class 4 driver’s license.
- Standard First Aid Certification.
- TH101 cultural awareness.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
For more information, contact Human Resources or visit our website at: Trondek.ca
Phone: (867) 993-7100 Send inquiries and resumes to: email@example.com
Mail: Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Government, P.O. Box 599, Dawson City, Yukon, Y0B 1G0
Physical Location: 1242 Front Street, Dawson City, Yukon
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
“To work together, to speak with one voice and to serve Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Citizens in the pursuit of a strong, healthy, and united future.”