Junior & Intermediate Mechanical Designer
Building Systems Consulting Inc
Posted On: Jan 6, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 3, 2023
Wage: $30-$50/hour depending on experience
Availability: Full Time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
- Working with senior staff, as well as part of a multi-discipline team, for the preparation of mechanical engineering design documents.
- Responsible for designing and coordinating projects ranging from multi-residential, commercial, and institutional buildings.
- Prepares and coordinates preparation of construction documentation such as equipment specifications in various design phases,
- Assist with the development of mechanical drawings using REVIT and/or AutoCAD.
- Complete mechanical calculations for equipment sizing, material selection, etc. using appropriate engineering methodology and principles.
- Participate in project coordination meetings with internal team members and sub-consultants.
- Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma or Engineering Degree
- Field Experience is considered an asset with preference given to candidates with 3 years of field experience.
- Ability to register with a professional association (EY, APEGA, ASET) is an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Diver's Licence
- Knowledge and familiarity with drafting programs such as Revit and AutoCAD as well as Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Stong communication skills
- Have the ability to travel in the northern territories.