Maintenance Worker III
Parks Canada Agency
Posted On: Jan 13, 2023
Advertised Until: Feb 5, 2023
Wage: $25.94 to 28.19 (per hour, plus applicable Isolated Post Allowance; salary under review)
Availability: Full Time
Location: Dawson City, YT
Contact Name: Nirmolak Kang
Apply With: Cover Letter / Resume / References
By Email: email@example.com
- In this position you will be working with a multi-disciplinary team in which you have the opportunity to work as part of a team and individually performing preventative maintenance tasks and implementing building system upgrades under the guidance of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Successful completion of secondary school, or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience in the safe and appropriate use and maintenance of power and hand tools and test equipment used in the building trades.
- Experience in the operation and basic preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment such as; small loaders, lawn tractors and utility vehicles.
- Experience in preventative maintenance and repair of building systems equipment.
- Knowledge of relevant safety regulations and procedures associated with the maintenance and use of building systems equipment.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment and materials used in building maintenance.
- Knowledge of semi-skilled repair and installation methods and practices related to plumbing, mechanical systems and general building systems equipment in historic and contemporary assets.
- Ability to carry out semi-skilled trade functions related to building & equipment maintenance.
- Ability to perform a variety of labour tasks in a safe manner.
- Ability to provide leadership on the jobsite.
- Personally connects with people
- Integrity and respect
- Communicates effectively (written and oral)
- Experience working in and delivering services to a northern and/or isolated community.
- Wear a Parks Canada uniform.
- Work weekends, shift work and irregular hours as required, with advance notice.
- Use appropriate safety equipment and protective equipment at all times in the performance of duties.
- Perform heavy lifting as well as working in cramped and awkward positions on occasion.
- Successfully complete safety courses and training, as required (eg: Standard First Aid, Fall Arrest, WHMIS, CLC training, etc.).
- Travel / work in a variety of weather conditions and terrain.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Obtain a Reliability Status security clearance.
- Possess and maintain a valid Yukon class 5 Drivers’ Licence or equivalent.
- Successfully pass and maintain pre-employment Occupational Health Assessment and periodic medical checks.
How to apply: