CHON FM Northern Native Broadcasting Yukon
Posted On: Jan 1, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 1, 2023
Wage: Dependent on training and experience
Availability: Full Time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Contact Name: Michelle Kolla, General Manager
Phone: (867) 335-2095
Apply With: Cover Letter / Resume / References / Drivers Abstract
By Email: email@example.com
In Person: #260, 2237 2nd Avenue, Whitehorse, Yukon
- Grade 12 supplemented with courses in Journalism or the equivalent in experience and training.
- College degree in journalism, BA in communications or on the job training and experience.
- Clear annunciation for on air broadcast.
- General knowledge of Yukon and Canadian First Nation political structures.
- General knowledge of Yukon First Nation Umbrella final agreement.
- Basic knowledge of Yukon and Federal criminal justice systems.
- Ability to Ability to operate computer equipment and mixing console is an asset.
- Research abilities and cross cultural knowledge is required.
This position must follow the policies of NNBY, pursue stories relevant to Yukon First Nations however, the incumbent must be able to determine when advice is needed from management and/or legal council.
The successful candidate must have a valid Yukon Drivers license and willing to travel to Yukon communities as may be required.