Operations and Maintenance Worker
Taku River Tlingit First Nation
Posted On: Jan 1, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 1, 2023
Hours: 72hr pay period
Wage: $25-$30 per hour, depending on experience, knowledge and suitability
Availability: Full Time
Location: Atlin, BC
Contact Name: Taku River Tlingit First Nation
Apply With: Resume
By Email: email@example.com
POSITION: Operation and Maintenance Worker
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled – 2 positions needed
- Conducts inspections and performs maintenance on or coordinates maintenance on the equipment in homes such as furnaces, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and ensure maintenance requests are responded to in a timely manner.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on TRTFN housing. Receives and reviews maintenance work orders for repairs, records work orders and authorizes purchase orders.
- Estimates costs for maintenance activities and provides information to Operations and Maintenance/Housing Administrator for review and approval.
- Investigates a variety of maintenance complaints in situations where field checks are necessary. Provides routine and special reports to Operations and Maintenance/Housing Administrator or Manager, Capital Projects, and Housing as appropriate.
- Drives garbage truck, picks up and disposes garbage for TRTFN residents on a weekly basis.
- Other vehicle (e.g., flatbed, service, and sewer truck) driving duties as required.
- Removes snow and ice from TRTFN roofs when necessary.
- Attending relevant workshops, training sessions, seminars on housing and maintenance to develop personal skills in order to bring professional qualifications to position and to the efficient operation and benefit of the TRTFN.
- Be willing to join Volunteer Fire Fighter Force
- Other maintenance duties as required.
- Class 3 BC (with air brake) driving license required with clean driving abstract records.
- Criminal Record Check (Required)
To submit a resume or obtain further information contact: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org