The Victoria Faulkner Women's Centre
Posted On: Jan 1, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 1, 2023
Availability: Full Time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
The Operations Manager works with the Executive Director to oversee the operations of the Victoria Faulkner Women’s Centre. This includes ensuring that the facility is safe and well maintained, and equipped to do its work, maintaining corporate memory in the form of policies and procedures that are well documented and regularly shared with staff, ensuring the space is adequately staffed at all times, coordinating drop –in services, coordinating ongoing training for staff and supporting staff with implementation of their workplans towards the success of all programs at the Centre.
- Coordinate the activities, budget and special projects of the Drop-In program and supervise drop-in staff.
- Supervise and coordinate the entire staff and volunteer schedule to ensure the Centre is appropriately staffed at all times.
- Establish policies and protocols for building security with staff including key management, hours or operation, laptop usage, staffing etc…
- Hire and supervise contractors for ongoing and as needed building maintenance including snow removal, cleaning, tech support, plumbers etc.
- Oversee management of all facility inventory including cleaning supplies, cooking equipment, Drop In program and office equipment.
- Maintain a list of regularly scheduled and future building maintenance and collaborate with the Executive Director to schedule and source funding for needed repairs.
- Support the management of the Rural Pregnant Mother’s Suite.
- Regularly review facility operations for cost savings and efficiencies.
- Ensure all staff have the appropriate equipment to operate and support them to source office equipment required for their position.
Strategic & Organizational Management
- Work with program staff to develop program evaluation processes and data collection. Oversee their implementation. Aggregate evaluation data to inform Strategic decision making for the organization.
- Ensure maintenance of official records and documents, and compliance with federal, territorial and local regulations.
- Make recommendations to all staff to streamline all internal processes and increase efficiency and communication.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the VFWC Human Resources and Operations Policies including onboarding processes, development of training manuals and materials. Ensure that sound human resource practices, consistent with the organizations policies and relevant legislation and regulations, are in place.
- Maintain up to date onboarding materials and lead staff onboarding for all positions including ( training, orientation, security access, computer set up etc).
- Approve time sheets and leave requests for all team members.
- Develop and coordinate delivery of an annual training schedule for all staff.
- Ensure maintenance of official Human Resource records and documents, and compliance with federal, territorial, and local regulations.
- Make recommendations to the Executive Director for effective building and program management and staff positions.
- Write job descriptions, coordinate recruitment, maintain recruitment files and eligibility lists, coordinate interviews and support Executive Director with performance evaluations for all team members.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of quality people.
- Work with communications coordinator to ensure all communication channels are up to date, and branding is implemented across all programs.
- Support all admin tasks and provide admin support when no admin is in the position including coordinating events for campaigns and AGM, providing reception support, running mail and cheques etc).
- Other duties as required
- Experience or certificates in supervision or management in the NGO sector
- Experience in event coordination, social media tools, campaign and asctivism around feminist or anti-oppression issues
- Experience with volunteer and staff recruitment and supervision
- Experience in facilities and operations coordination
- Experience on reporting and evaluation for programs and services related to funding agreements
- Experience office administration such as light tech support, knowledge of photocopier, scanner, shedder, etc, Microsoft office and programs, filing systems
- Experience working front line with a wide range of clientele including people in crisis or who have experienced violence, victims of crime, justice involved people, people who consume substances
- Knowledge of response-based practice an asset
- Knowledge of suicide-ASSIST, Mental Health First Aid or conflict de-escalation techniques an asset
- Vulnerable sectors check through the RCMP is required for this work.
- A class five driver’s license is required.
Anyone who can legally work in Canada and identifies as a woman or outside of the gender binary can apply for this job.