Professional Mechanical Engineer
Building Systems Consulting Inc
Posted On: Jan 6, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 3, 2023
Wage: $50-65/hr depending on experience
Availability: Full Time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
- Responsible for projects of average complexity and size
- Evaluates, selects, specifies, and engineers mechanical systems or products suitable for system and overall building design, assuring work is reviewed for overall technical accuracy
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches and 3D model reviews
- Prepares and coordinates documentation such as equipment specifications and datasheets in various phases of design,
- Assist with the development and/or review/approval of mechanical drawings (REVIT and AutoCAD).
- Stamp engineering drawings as required.
- Complete and/or review required mechanical calculations for equipment sizing, material selection, etc. using appropriate engineering methodology and principles.
- Prepare and/or review/approve mechanical equipment specifications, datasheets, and procurement support documents
- Participates in project coordination meetings with internal team members, clients, and owner’s representatives
- Participate in Construction Administration activities and provide engineering oversight during construction.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years experience.
- Understand industry standards and applicable ASME, CSA, ANSI, ASHRAE codes and standards. Strong knowledge and application of mechanical codes and standards
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications
- Ability to register as a professional engineer in the Yukon Territory
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others
- Engineering experience supporting projects from conception through construction
- Field experience is considered an asset
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and a proven ability to write clear, thorough technical reports
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple jobs/projects
- Have the ability to travel in the northern territories.