Posted On: Jan 1, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 1, 2023
Availability: Full Time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Contact Name: Jeremy August, Owner
Apply With: Resume / References
By Email: email@example.com
In Person: 2158-2nd Ave, Whitehorse, Yukon
Our Receptionist’s duties include
• offering administrative support throughout our local agency. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business.
• You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
• To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role.
• You should also be able to deal with a fast-paced environment in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations.
Ultimately, a Receptionist’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
• Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
• Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
• Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
• Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g., pens, forms and brochures.
• Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
• Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
• Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
• Update calendars and schedule meetings
• Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
• Accept and process payments, including drop off of deposits to the bank, pick up of deposit slips and change as required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g., fax machines and printers)
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
• Excellent organizational skills
• Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
• Customer service attitude
• High school Diploma; additional certification in Office Management is a plus
• In-office training provided to successful candidate