Regional Program Manager – Bridges
Government of Yukon
Posted On: Mar 2, 2023
Advertised Until: May 1, 2023
Wage: $101,068 - $117,433 per annum
Availability: Full Time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Contact Name: Josée Perron
Apply With: Resume
Government of Yukon -> Highways & Public Works – Transportation Engineering Payroll
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Salary: $101,068 - $117,433 per annum
Closing date: May 22, 2023
This competition is open to all candidates who meet the above noted Admissibility. A hiring preference will apply for qualified candidates of Canadian Indigenous ancestry, with a priority for qualified Yukon First Nation candidates. This initiative is in support of the Yukon government’s goal for a representative public service.
For more information on the hiring preference, visit www.yukon.ca/hiring-preference.
This is an until-filled competition. Candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting can close at any time with 24-hours posted notice. Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
Relocation expenses may be considered.
Highways and Public Works – who we are
Employees at Highways and Public Works are responsible for ensuring safe and efficient public highways, airstrips, buildings, and information systems. Our collective vision is to make a difference in the lives of Yukoners. At all levels of our organization, we value leadership, innovation, teamwork, and keeping our people safe. Our priorities are to be client focused, to support our people, to build sustainably, and to advance reconciliation throughout the Yukon.
The Transportation Engineering Branch is responsible for the planning, asset management, design, rehabilitation and construction of different highways, bridges, aviation and transportation infrastructure throughout the Yukon. We are a diverse group of people who truly enjoy working together. The work is fast-paced, and varied and there is not a lot of downtime - even in the winter, as our planning and the majority of the design work are completed by our employees.
Reporting to the Manager, Bridges, this position involves responsibility for management of design and construction for transportation infrastructure and related types of projects carried out by the Transportation Division.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review this information: Apply on a job | Government of Yukon
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume):
- University degree in Engineering with a focus on civil/structural or a related discipline;
- Qualified Engineer as defined by Engineers Yukon (preferably in the discipline of Civil Engineering) and must be registered with Engineers Yukon or licensed as a Professional Engineer in good standing in another Canadian engineering association with ability to obtain a licence with Engineers Yukon;
- Experience with highway bridge design and construction, including foundations and structures;
- Experience in project management, including planning, managing contracts and budgets and supervising technical, professional staff and consultants;
- Experience with highway bridge inspection, load analysis and development of solutions would be an asset;
- Experience with Northern Canadian transportation would be an asset.
If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Suitability (what candidates will be assessed on):
- Highly motivated professional with excellent technical, interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment as well as work independently;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate projects;
- Ability to establish strong and effective working relationships with senior management, and other stakeholders;
- Ability to plan, organize and lead the design and construction of highways, aviation and/or bridges and other structures related to transportation infrastructure projects;
- Ability to plan, organize and lead medium- to long-term capital development plans;
- Demonstrated leadership competencies.
Conditions of Employment
Valid Yukon Class 5 Driver’s Licence; currently registered as a Professional Engineer and eligible for registration with Engineers Yukon.
Travel through the Yukon depending upon where projects are located.
- Find out what we offer our employees
- See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact Josée Perron, Manager, Bridges, at Josee.Perron@yukon.ca
If you have questions about applying for a job with the Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact Kylie Townend, HR Consultant, at Kylie.Townend@yukon.ca
Learn more about us!
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
To learn more about what the Yukon has to offer, check out these links:
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Regional Program Manager – Bridges, and for full details on the requirements of the role, please visit: https://yukon.ca/en/employment.
"Committed to Employment Equity"