Registered Dental Hygienist
Posted On: Jan 1, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 1, 2023
Wage: Competitive compensation & benefits:
Availability: Full Time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Contact Name: Angie
Apply With: Cover Letter / Resume
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competitive compensation & benefits: Our compensation packages are reviewed annually in a comparative study that ensures alignment with industry standards.
- Established and stable practice: Our successful practice is a leader in patient care, providing a range of services to a loyal and established patient base.
- Health & Safety and Compliance: The practice has a strong health and safety culture, with compliance measures embedded in every aspect of the workplace.
- Career development: A career with us ensures you have the support, tools, and encouragement you need to grow and evolve as a professional on your individual career path, including access to industry-leading continuing education through the award-winning DC Institute (dcinstitute.ca)
- Patient-focused care: With every decision we make and each action we take, our focus is always on the patient – our practice revolves around delivering a consistently outstanding patient experience.
- Respect for our people: The team is built on a culture of respect and positivity, where we celebrate individuality and value each other’s unique strengths and contributions.
- Work-life flexibility: Everyone has a life outside the practice, and we are committed to helping each team member find a healthy, sustainable balance between home and career.
- Appropriately assess, plan, implement and evaluate services for patient care
- Perform all aspects of clinical preventative hygiene services including scaling, root planing, polishing, topical fluoride, pit and fissure sealants and whitening to patients
- Serve as an oral health educator by introducing new preventative techniques and counselling
- Provide a consistent patient experience during each hygiene visit
- Establish strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical and professional behaviour
- Establish and retain patient loyalty by delivering a tailored experience based on the patients’ expectations
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy to patients using effective communication skills
- Successful completion of a Dental Hygiene Diploma or Hygiene Degree program
- Registered with the College of Dental Hygienist of British Columbia (C.D.H.B.C)
- Valid CPR Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with dental software considered an asset
Total Rewards + Perks