Registered Nurses AND/OR Licensed Practical Nurses – Sarah’s House Managed Alcohol Program
Kwanlin Dün First Nation
Posted On: Jan 1, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 1, 2023
Wage: $76,531 - $105,410 per annum ($42.05 - $57.92. per hour) – Level 7 *plus benefits & possible bonus
Availability: Part Time / Auxiliary
Duration: Permanent / Term
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Contact Name: Human Resources
Apply With: Cover Letter / Resume
By Email: email@example.com
35 McIntyre Drive
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 5A5
Positions: Registered Nurses AND/OR Licensed Practical Nurses – Sarah’s House Managed Alcohol Program
Department: Health & Wellness
Term: FT Permanent, Term, PT & Auxiliary on Call
KDFN is seeking Registered Nurses (RN) and/or Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to work within the context of a 24/7 supported living residence and managed alcohol program, providing person-centered clinical care and harm reduction support to KDFN citizens residing at the Supported Living Residence known as Sarah’s House.
Reporting to the Manager, Outreach Services, RN’s and LPN’s will be responsible for administrating medication including alcohol, and providing nursing support, care plan delivery and therapeutic services to the residents, as required.
The primary goal of Sarah’s House is to support residents, within a safe and harmonious environment, in transitioning to having a permanent home in which they can live their lives, while also being encouraged and supported to access the supports, programs and services they need to live an independent and productive life. A key requirement of this position is having an understanding of the impact and legacy of the Residential School system on KDFN Citizens and their families.
RN’s and LPN’s will be required to work 12-hour day, evening, and night shifts throughout the week, weekends and holidays.
- Minimum two-year diploma from a recognized Practical Nursing Program for Licensed Practical Nurses; or a Bachelor of Nursing Degree (or equivalent) for Registered Nurses
- Current certificate of registration within Yukon; meets the standards of practice
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with the last year of experience within a harm reduction, mental health and addictions setting
- Demonstrated competence in clinical nursing practices related to the care of adult vulnerable persons
- Has a significant comfort level working with people who may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs (when safe to do so), or whom have trauma and related challenges that can make them behaviorally unpredictable
- Ability to cook nutritious meals using traditional foods and following the Canada Food Guide for First Nations, Inuit and Metis peoples
- Has significant knowledge and experience in providing support in the areas of trauma, violence, abuse, addictions and residential school direct and intergenerational effects is required
- Strong working knowledge of Supported Living program requirements, managed alcohol programs and harm reduction principles
- Has significant relational cultural competence and ability to identify and support citizens on their respective spiritual journeys
Conditions of Employment: Provide proof of full vaccination for Covid-19, Class 4 Driver’s License with clean abstract, First Aid & CPR, TB Test, Acceptable criminal record check with vulnerable sector, Food Safe Level 1, TDG, Dr. Note-Fit to Work, Immunization Records, Registration with Professional Licensing, and Regulatory Affairs for LPN’s, and Registration with Yukon Registered Nurses Association for RN’s.
Salary: $76,531 - $105,410 per annum ($42.05 - $57.92. per hour) – Level 7 *plus benefits & possible bonus;
Closing Date: Until Filled
*KDFN has a generous employer-paid benefits plan and matching pension package that commences after 3 months of continued employment for permanent and some term employees. Permanent staff may be eligible for the recruitment and retention bonus for LPN’s/RN’s from this competition.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response within two (2) business days, please contact the KDFN HR Unit at 633-7800.
For a full job description, please access our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect.
An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future.
KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position.