Commissionaires Victoria, the Islands and Yukon
Posted On: Jan 1, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 1, 2023
Wage: $23 per hour
Availability: Full Time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Contact Name: Katie Naswell
Apply With: Resume
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Perform the duties of the Site Supervisor during silent hours.
- Respond to after hours alarm response when scheduled.
- Ensure that each guard post within Commissionaires Whitehorse is manned in accordance with orders and that the duties and responsibilities of each are carried out in accordance with pertinent regulations, directives and instructions as required.
- Issue specific instructions to Commissionaires employed at Whitehorse, Yukon and ensure that they are fully conversant with all aspects of their duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure that all Commissionaires employed within Whitehorse are adequately trained, properly equipped and fully capable of performing their duties.
- Ensure that patrols are completed in accordance with the required schedules as promulgated by the Site Supervisor.
- Ensure that a high standard of dress and deportment is always maintained and that all guard posts and guard houses are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Any other duties as stipulated in Post Orders, or directions of the Site Supervisor or Client Services Manager.
- Must be able to obtain a Level I (Secret) Security Clearance.
- Ability to interact with the public and to deal with members of all stakeholders in a pleasant but firm manner.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a stressful working environment.
- Ability to make decisions based on knowledge of access control regulations promulgated by the client.
- Ability to contribute as a member of a team.
- Ability to train, motivate and supervise personnel.
- Ability to assess new staff for suitability at the site to ensure that a reputation for friendly, competent service is attained and maintained.
- Ability of operating as a leader with little supervision