Social Assistance Administrator
Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in Government
Posted On: Jan 1, 2023
Advertised Until: Mar 1, 2023
Hours: Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75
Wage: Level 7 Step 1 ($41.08 hourly)
Availability: Full Time
Location: Dawson City, YT
Contact Name: Human Resources
Apply With: Cover Letter / Resume
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC WITH PREFERENCE TO TH CITIZENS
Competition #: 011-10-2022
Term Full Time: Social Assistance Administrator
Location: Tr'ondek Hwech'in Offices — Dawson Y.T.
Posting Date: November 25, 2022
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 75 hours
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: March 31, 2023 (with possible extension or move to permanent)
Salary: Level 7 Step 1 ($41.08 hourly)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting to the Wellness Programs and Services Manager, the Social Assistance Administrator is responsible for the management, administration and delivery of the TH Social Assistance Program, including: client intake services and claim processing; client assessments, basic counseling and referrals; employment and placement programs including the Tr'ehude Crew (work opportunities program) and client case management planning in collaboration with TH Departments and other governments and agencies. The SA Administrator is also responsible for the Program's administrative and management functions including: work-plans, forecasting and budget compliance, financial processing, records and data-base management, as well as statistics and reporting.
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition - the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term, or auxiliary on-call vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Post -secondary degree or diploma in social work, psychology, human services field, or related fields with experience and training in program delivery and providing support services to clients; including assessments, case management, basic counselling and life skills management. An equivalent combination of education, training, skills and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of Federal, Territorial and local agencies that deal with Social Development programs and issues.
- Computer proficiency including: windows, MS Word, Excel, ASAP.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations relevant to government Social Assistance programming.
- In depth knowledge of Tr'ondek Hwech'in social structure, traditions and cultural values and social issues affecting First Nation people.
- Basic knowledge of Tr'ondek Hwech'in Final Agreement and Self Government Agreement.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive professional working relationships with staff, citizens and the general public.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Records and/or case management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Standard First Aid / CPR, or willingness to obtain.
- Class 5 Driver's License with clear driver's abstract.
For more information, contact Human Resources
Mail: Tr'ondek Hwech'in Government, P.O. Box 599, Dawson City, Yukon, YOB 1G0
Physical Location: 1242 Front Street, Dawson City, Yukon