OPEN TO THE PUBLIC WITH PREFERENCE TO TH CITIZENS
Competition #: 005-11-2022
Student Activity Leader — Term
Department: Wellness — Kajit In Zho
Location: Tr'ondek Hwech'in Offices — Dawson, YT
Posting Date: November 9, 2022
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 15-20
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: May 31, 2023
Salary: $16.50 hourly
Closing Date: Until Filled
The Student Activity Leader plays an important contribution role in the delivery of children's programming for TH's 8-12 age group. This position provides direct support to program staff in the delivery of social, recreational and cultural activities for TH children by assisting with planning, organizing, scheduling, coaching, supervising, reporting and taking a lead interaction role with the children. The Student Activity Leader will spend time both in the office setting and out "in the field" with the children and will be required to work flex hours. The incumbent will also be expected to attend events that will require overnights away from the community. This position is also intended to be developmental by working in a learning environment and developing new skills through experience and mentorship.
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition — the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term, or auxiliary on-call vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
SKILLS TO BE GAINED THROUGH THIS POSITION:
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with youth, parents/caregivers and team members.
- Ability to plan and execute youth activities, recreational programs, group excursions, etc.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- A win-win approach to problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of risk management policies, planning and practices.
- Must be a high school student ages 15-18.
- Must be punctual / on time to provide supervision, to prevent delays and to be a dependable team player.
- Must demonstrate a healthy lifestyle and serve as a positive role model for the children.
- Must enjoy working with youth in a variety of settings.
- Must take responsibility for the youth's safety and well-being seriously, and make necessary decisions based on this.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Standard First Aid Certification or Wilderness First Aid.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
For more information, contact Human Resources or visit our website at: Trondek.ca
Phone: (867) 993-7100 Send inquiries and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Tr'ondek Hwech'in Government, P.O. Box 599, Dawson City, Yukon, YOB 1G0
Physical Location: 1242 Front Street, Dawson City, Yukon
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
"To work together, to speak with one voice and to serve Tr'ondek Hwech'in Citizens in the pursuit of a strong, healthy, and united future."