OPEN TO THE PUBLIC WITH PREFERENCE TO TH CITIZENS
Competition #: 007-10-2022
Youth Early Childhood Educator Afterschool Leader —Term
Department: Tr'inke Zho Daycare
Location: Tr'ondek Hwech'in Offices — Dawson, YT
Posting Date: October 17, 2022
Standard Hours Bi-Weekly: 11 - 14
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: March 31, 2023 (with possible extension)
Salary: $15.70 hourly
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting to the Director of Tr'inke Zho, this position is responsible for assisting and working in partnership with the various sections within the daycare setting. The position is responsible for assisting various staff as needed in carrying out the section program and daily schedule to meets the individual needs of the children in this area, and ensuring YG regulations are followed at all times.
An Eligibility List may be established from this competition —the duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill future permanent full-time, permanent part-time, temporary full-time, temporary part-time, term, or auxiliary on-call vacancies within the same department and classification based on the organizational needs by going the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter & resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter and resume.
- Must be a TH citizen (ages of 15 — 18 years), with an interest in pursuing Early Childhood Education, Youth Leadership, Education or a related discipline.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience babysitting or working with children.
- Cross cultural awareness, sensitivity and understanding.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- As per YG regulations- TB test, immunization open record, Medical clearance to work with children.
- Willingness to obtain Standard First Aid certificate within six weeks.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
For more information, contact Human Resources or visit our website at: Trondek.ca
Phone: (867) 993-7100 Send inquiries and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Tr'ondek Hwech'in Government, P.O. Box 599, Dawson City, Yukon, YOB 1G0
Physical Location: 1242 Front Street, Dawson City, Yukon
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
"To work together, to speak with one voice and to serve Tr'ondek Hwech'in Citizens in the pursuit of a strong, healthy, and united future."