Youth Outreach & Wellness Coordinator
Kwanlin Dün First Nation
Posted On: Jan 16, 2023
Advertised Until: Jan 30, 2023
Wage: $37.52 - $55.28 per hour
Availability: Full Time
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Contact Name: Human Resources
Apply With: Cover Letter / Resume
By Email: email@example.com
For a full job description, please access our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment
Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy will be in effect, so please be sure to clearly self-identify.
An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future. KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position.
- Degree in Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Health, or similar, and a minimum of two years of current experience in programs such as mental health, wellness or a related field (significant related experience alone will also be considered in lieu of formal education).
- Considerable relevant knowledge around KDFN culture and tradition including a level of demonstrated investment in the community
- Knowledge and proficiency in community-based mental health and addictions with a youth focus.
- Considerable recent experience providing support to youth in the areas of trauma, violence, abuse, addictions and residential school direct and intergenerational effects.
- Experience in providing services to individuals in conflict with the law is an asset.
- Experience providing First Nation traditional land-based recreation and programming.
- A demonstrated interest and experience in community, cultural, wellness, and land based healing modalities and working with traditional helpers.
- Experience working in a case management model of care.
- Experience in planning and execution of programs or projects.
- Knowledge of and experience working successfully in a First Nation community is an asset.
- Willingness to flexible working schedule which can include weekends and holidays when camps or activities are being run.
- Ability to lead and participate in outdoor recreation/traditional land-based activities. This includes physical fitness and project management skills and abilities.
Conditions of Employment:
- An acceptable criminal record check with vulnerable sector search
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license and personal transportation
- First Aid & CPR certification (willingness to obtain within 3 months)
- Demonstrate and maintain a healthy, self-sufficient lifestyle
- Proof of 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations